Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Mid-Morning Run








Well, I didn't get many runs in this week. We went to Cedar Point on Friday, so I figure that counts -- sort of :) And on Saturday I was too sore from all the walking and a few rough rides.

I worked on budget things this morning, then I felt REALLY stressed. Ares and I took off around 10:00. It is a nice, partly sunny morning. We went the usual Riverside, Jefferson Street bridge route, but today we added a run past the high school before coming back to Riverside and finishing with the sprint up the hill.

We did, as usual, a mixture of running and walking. Ares seemed a little tired at times, and as it started to warm up he slowed down a bit. But, as soon as we got near the Jefferson Street bridge on our way home, he must have gotten a second wind because he took the lead.

All in all it was a fairly good jaunt outside. We did encounter a couple of dogs -- one was a big dog that came at us. But, we've been "introduced" to the dog before, so I just told him "no" in a very loud voice, and he backed off. He followed us around the corner and came at us again, so I again told him "no" and he went back to his house. It was still a bit worrisome, as when he ran at us the second time he had his teeth bared like he was going to attack us, and he is larger than Ares. It is the same dog that caused me to twist my ankle a few months ago.

We didn't see much wildlife this morning; I think it was too late in the morning.

We ended up with 4.60 miles, so we did increase our mileage today. I hope to keep at around 4.5 to 4.6 miles this week, and then maybe try to increase, depending on how many runs we get in this week and how we both feel.

Now I have to mow the lawn, and Ares gets to rest.

Gotta run ...

1 comment:

Jan Mader said...

I love the title of your blog. I call myself the accidential writer. I never meant to be a writer, but I am. I write children's books.

I'm also an animal lover. I'd love to have you visit either of my blogs. This one http://animaltalk4u or
my writer's blog:
http://ignitetowrite.blogspot.com/