Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Almost didn't run

I almost didn't run this morning, and it's been several days. I have been getting up and just not feeling like running, or even taking the dog for a walk. I have been taking him for walks in the afternoon/evening, so we haven't been complete couch potatoes! Ares was quite energetic most of the day yesterday, so when I got up this morning I decided I should take him for a walk after he ate. Well, I reasoned with myself, I might as well put on my running shoes, etc. just in case we felt like running. Well, I grabbed my ipod and my Garmin, again just in case.

Of course, once I have on my running shoes and my Garmin, I can't help but run. It was a good mixture of running and walking. We did the big Riverside loop with the sprint up the hill, over to the video store, and then a short loop with a short sprint up the hill. We ended up with 3.25 miles. That's not too bad when I didn't even want to go for a walk when I first woke up.

I need to get back in the habit, but I've been feeling too tired and achy lately. I keep thinking it's the weather. Last year about this time I had a bit higher mileage, but much of that was treadmill and I have been outside all the time this year. I want to work back up to the 6 miles several days a week. Now that the kids are all out of school I don't have to be up quite so early in order to get my run in and my spot in the shower. Today I was home by shortly after 6:30, giving me plenty of time to get cleaned up before starting work at 7:00. Plus it helps Ares have a calmer day if he starts with a good walk or run.

Gotta run ...

No comments: