Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beautiful Morning

It is a beautiful morning. Ares and I took off around 8:00 for a morning run. He's doing better. I think he gets too tired if we run every day, so I am trying to give him (and myself) a day or two off in between runs. I may end up running some days without him. We'll see.

We did the usual Riverside loop, sprint up the hill, to the library (not around it this time), and then back to do a sprint up half of the hill. We ended up with 3.3 miles. It was a good mixture of running and walking, with more running.

One thing really bothers me on these runs -- all the dogs that are loose. The owners may know they won't hurt us, but we don't. There was one at Riverside Park, so we had to stop until his owners got him. There was the same one that is ALWAYS loose on Jefferson, so we had to chase that one away. Then there was one by the florist, and we had to chase that one away. Because of all of these loose dogs, I cannot take both Ares and Ese for a walk by myself. I can't protect both dogs. And if I cross the street to get away from them, I'm afraid they will run out in the street and get hit by a car. Why can't dog owners take responsibility?

That's my rant for the day.

Gotta run ...

1 comment:

TexanInOK said...

Amen on the loose dogs. I hate it when I come along when I am riding my bike. They think I am prey that they need to take down.