Monday, May 25, 2009

Monday Morning Run

Well, today started out with a not-so-good run. Ares was very reluctant to even go outside this morning. I don't quite understand it. It is a nice, cool morning, not too hot, and a little overcast, which makes it good for being outside. He tripped me twice (not on purpose, I hope), and just kept pulling at the leash. Ares and I ended up BARELY finishing the Riverside Loop, and I felt more stressed than when we had started out.

So, I decided to drop him off at home and go for a solo run. It was nice! No dog was pulling at me trying to get home, and I was able to listen to music (Ares doesn't like it when I have the ipod). I ended up with about 1.8 miles with Ares (I turned off my GPS to stop and let him "do his business" and forgot to turn it back on), and then 2.15 miles by myself. So, I almost hit 4 miles today. And now I feel more relaxed.

I think I will follow this routine. If Ares does not feel like running, I'll get his Riverside Loop walk/run in, and then go off by myself. I'll take him the entire time if he feels like running. That way he gets at least some exercise every morning, and I can get my runs in.

Knee is .... OK.

Gotta run ...

No comments: