Monday, May 4, 2009

Three days in a row


Well, Ares and I made it three days in row. We started off shortly after 5 a.m. this morning. We ran most of the two miles this time, with 2 stops for him to do his business, and then one to sniff some things on the ground (Ares, not me). And, the 1/2 mile cool down was at a pretty fast paced walk. I'll give it another week or so, and then maybe we'll add 1/2 mile. We also get at least one, if not two, more walks in each day. So, we're putting in 5 - 6 miles most days. And, so far my ankle is holding up pretty well.

Ares is a little afraid of the dark, so it was an interesting run. I have a hat with lights, and that made him feel somewhat better. Whenever he heard a noise, though, he'd get a little frightened. He didn't see the rabbits, squirrels, or birds that were out and about this early morning. He did try to chase a few cars, though :)

The picture is how he recovers after a run. I have to work. He gets to sleep. Ah, the life of a dog.

I'm feeling much better about running again. I was afraid I'd have to give it up. I was disappointed I could not run the Flying Pig Marathon (it was yesterday), but there will be more races. Maybe I'll stick with 5K and 1/2 marathons for a whle.

Gotta run ...

No comments: