Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Making Progress

Ares and I are making progress with our runs. I gave him yesterday off -- we only went for two short walks and did no running. This morning it is a nice, relatively cool morning, so I decided we were going to try to run.

I had to practically drag Ares the first few blocks. I decided I was going to turn around at Riverside Park, bring him back home, and go off by myself. But, by the time we reached the park, Ares saw a rabbit or two and decided he did want to go for at least a fast walk. We gradually worked into a run, and by the time we finished he was running. I think he will sleep well today!

We did the Riverside loop with the sprint up the hill by my house to Jefferson, over to Clinton (we didn't go to the library this time). Then we went back and did a "mini-Riverside" loop with a sprint up half the hill. We ended up with 3.35 miles, and the better part of the last 2.25 miles was mostly running.

Gotta run ...

No comments: