Saturday, May 2, 2009

Long Time, No Blog

I haven't written a blog in a while. That's because I haven't run in a while. I keep hurting my ankle and I'm to the point I'm afraid it's never going to be completely right again. Ever since I hurt it on my last run (see previous post) it doesn't seem to get better. Of course it doesn't help that the streets around here are so torn up. It is so easy to twist an ankle while just out for a walk.

Even though I haven't been running, I have been walking at least two miles a day. Some days, with multiple walks, it is closer to four miles. That keeps me active and is helping to strengthen my ankle, I hope.

I am trying again, very slowly this time. Ares and I are going to start out with two mile runs as many days a week as we can, and then build from there. This morning we ran the Riverside loop and the sprint up the hill by the house, with just a little bit of walking mixed in (when Ares needed to stop to do his business, sniff a branch, etc.). Then we walked for just over 1/2 mile. My ankle feels just a little tight, but at least it doesn't hurt.

Hopefully I'll be posting regularly again, even if it is just these short runs for a while.

Gotta run ...

No comments: