Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday Morning Run - sort of


I've been walking a lot this week, but have not run since Sunday. I have to fight the feeling that I need to give this up. My ankle, knee, and now big toe (all on my left side) have been sore. My left toe/foot had some spasms that made me stop in my tracks.

But, I have banished the thought of giving up running. It is a beautiful morning. So, Ares and I went off this morning. We did the usual Riverside Loop (trying to avoid all the holes still present from all of the street work), the sprint up the hill, and then we walked/ran to the library. We saw the sun over the river from the library grounds. We actually did more running than I thought we would. We ended up with just over 3 miles total.

My ankle is now fairly sore, but the pain in my foot started to go away after about 1/2 mile. Mentally I feel great. I'll just have to slowly build up on the ankle. So, here we go again.

Gotta run ...

No comments: