Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Wow -- four days in a row

Well, thanks to Ese (our chihuahua), we made it four days in a row with the early morning run. Since Ares and I ended up with an extra walk yesterday, I was tentatively thinking of sleeping in this morning until at least 5:30 and taking one day off (just from the morning run). But, Ese had to go out early in the morning, and in the processes woke Ares up. So, since Ares was up, I figured we might as well run. We were out the door well before 5 a.m.

We did the usual Riverside loop and sprint up the hill (2 mile run) and then 1/2 mile cool-down walk. Every day it seems the run gets just a touch faster with fewer (and shorter) walk breaks, and the walk gets faster with more running mixed in. Ares was a little frightened because it was still dark, so I think that's why he wanted to run faster! He's getting to really know the route, and he's smart enough to know the difference when we walk it as compared to when we run it. When we walk the route, we don't sprint up the hill. This morning he turned and ran right up the hill.

All and all, it was another good run. And with three walks in addition to the run yesterday, I'm feeling pretty good about my ankle. It's hanging in there and slowly getting better. Even though I like the longer runs, I will work towards that again and be healthier. The nice thing about these shorter runs is I don't spend the rest of the day feeling aches and pains like I did with the longer runs. I'm hoping that by slowly building back towards the 6-mile runs, I'll feel great all day long.

Gotta run ...

No comments: