Sunday, May 18, 2008

Breaking in another one

I was breaking in another running partner today. We have a fitness challenge going on at work, and this co-worker and I are on the same team. He used to run and is about 17 years younger than me, so he should catch up to me quickly in regards to running fitness. The more running partners there are, the more likely it is to have someone to run with.

But, today was an extremely windy day. We were running into the wind most of the time, or so it seemed. We ended up with 4 miles, about 1/2 at a slow/medium run and 1/2 walking. All and all it was good for a first run. It would have been better without the wind taking our breathe away.

After we finished, I took off on my own. It was a busy weekend, plus one year since my father passed away, and I really, REALLY needed the run to burn off some negative energy. I ended up with another 4 miles, for a total of 8. I didn't do much walking; I already had gotten in a good warm up. After I got back home, my husband cooked up some steak fajitas. So, I got my veggies, protein, and carbohydrates after the run.

Sometimes (most times) I think running is the only thing that keeps me sane.

Now I feel great!

No comments: