Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday Morning

I was awake at 2:00 this morning, and I couldn't get back to sleep. I was waiting for the sun to start coming up so I could run. I seriously thought about going for a run at 3:00, but I figured that wouldn't be too safe.

It was a cool, crisp, Spring morning -- around 40 degrees when I left my house around 7:00 a.m. The sun was up, the birds were singing -- another great day for a run. I headed out into the country and ended up running about 7.5 miles. I'd have liked to run more, but my body was not cooperating this morning and I was getting tired. I saw many birds around, but no other wildlife. I came home to a nice cup of tea and a shower.

I am enjoying my outdoor runs. I hope to find a way to do more of them during the week. But, since I start work so early and have too many activities in the afternoon/evenings, it's hard to fit them in. I'm OK with the treadmill runs -- at least it's a way to keep up.

No comments: