Saturday, May 3, 2008

Saturday Morning Run

I've come to the conclusion that no one reads these, but I'll keep writing them for myself -- it's a good way to keep track of my ourdoor runs, at least.

It was another perfect day for a run. It was not too cold, not too hot, and overcast. It had rained overnight, so there was a bit of humidity in the air. I strapped on my Garmin and away I went.

I decided to run through town first. There is a Lilac Festival going on later today. As I ran through town, the vendors were starting to set up their booths and I could feel the festive like atmosphere beginning. I hope the rain holds of so it's a great day for this. I want to hear some of the live bands that will be around later in the afternoon.

Back to the run -- After I went through town, I went out in the country just a bit. I saw a young cardinal that could not fly very well. I hope it survives, but there is really nothing I could do for it. It hopped/flew a little bit as I ran by. Once I was out in the country, I picked up the pace a bit. I've lost a couple of pounds recently, and I can really tell when I run. It seems I can run faster with less effort.

On the way home I passed by Riverside Park, hoping to see some more wildlife. Alas, there was not much to see. In the evenings I sometimes see deer and geese about.

All in all it was a good run. I ended up with about 6.5 miles. I could have used a few more miles to work off some more of this stress, but I didn't have time. Maybe tomorrow ...

No comments: