Thursday, May 29, 2008

The run that almost wasn't

I really didn't want to go for a run tonight. I was tired and it's been a busy week. But, on Friday we are planning to go out, and I am busy Saturday and Sunday so I don't know if I'll have time for a run, so I knew I should. I finally talked myself into it. My daughter is at a friend's house helping her recover from surgery, my oldest son is in Washington DC, and my other son is sleeping early. My husband is driving bus to a track meet, so it was just me and the animals. I thought about just sitting around, eating, and watching TV -- and then I said "naaah" and put on my shoes and went out the door.

It is a nice evening, and I could smell the blossoms in the air (I don't know what kind of blossoms, but they certainly did smell nice). But, there are a lot of bugs -- and I mean a LOT of them out there. When I got home I had to take a shower right away (usually I write in the blog first) because I had them all over! I'm not sure how many I didn't spit out as I was running (ugh).

Even though it was not one of my best runs, it was decent. I had to walk a bit, but I believe I have picked up the pace and am running faster than I used to run. I ended up with 6.2 miles -- not bad for a run that almost wasn't! And it certainly was better than sitting around on my #%* eating junk food and watching television.

No comments: