Friday, July 18, 2008

Fantastic Run

First of all, yes I missed a day's run. But I have a good excuse -- I went golfing. It was the first time EVER that I played golf. Luckily it was a scramble, so it didn't matter. It was fun (and I was the only one who was NOT drinking beer; I stuck to water).

Tonight when it finally cooled off a little bit, I went for a run. It felt great. I finally got a little better pace going again. At 50 minutes into the run, I decided to set a goal for how many miles I could finish in an hour (a little late in the run, I know). I had to push it, but I made my goal. Then I pretty much walked the remaining short distance home.

I went out past the high school, turned around at Ginter road, did the usual Riverside thing, then decided to run by the library. I expected to see more wildlife as it was turning dark, but I guess it was still too hot for the deer, etc. I did see (and run into) many insects, however!

I ended up with just over 6.5 miles, a good run for me right now. I'm going to try to get two runs in this weekend, but I may not make Sunday's run due to a trip to Dayton.

No comments: