Thursday, July 24, 2008

Morning Run

I decided to get up early this morning and run. Well, actually I turned off my alarm and was going to sleep a bit more, but my husband started snoring, I couldn't sleep, so I figured that I might as well get up.

It was still a little dark when I started off. Instead of the usual route, I ran through town to the end of the sidewalk near Lowe's. By the time I ran back through town, it was light enough to do a little bit in the country. I didn't go all the way to the high school, just to the Baptist Church. But, I did finish the Riverside loop. I ended up with 6.18 miles. The only issue was that, because I ran on sidewalks through town, my knees hurt a little bit. The concrete just doesn't give as much as the roadways. At least my hip isn't sore (so far) this morning.

It was a beautiful morning to run. It was interesting watching the town "wake up" on a Thursday morning. The traffic was very light when I started, and it got heavier as my run progressed. I saw more runners and walkers out than I have seen lately in my afternoon/evening runs. I didn't see wildlife like I expected, but I didn't go that far out of the city. Riverside Park was beautiful with the mist rising from the soccer fields.

I'm glad I ran this morning. Now if I can just stay away tonight when we go to see The Dark Knight!

No comments: