Saturday, July 19, 2008

Torrential Downpour

I love to run in the rain, as do many runners. This afternoon I started out on a run and there was a gentle rain -- perfect for a run. As I continued with the run, the rain came down harder and harder. I still didn't mind. I was about 1 mile from home when the air cooled drastically, the wind picked up and blew my hat off my head, and there was a loud clap of thunder. Just about then, the skies opened up and a torrential downpour started. I may be crazy sometimes, but I knew I had to cut my run short. It wasn't the rain, it was the thunder. I've been close to lightening too many times. I ran back home, and got just over 2 miles in. At least it was something! I am going to try to get up in the morning and run before going to Dayton.

No comments: