Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Morning Run

I guess it is a good thing last night's run was more of a walk. Late last evening one of my running buddies called me up and suggested an early morning run for today. She and I haven't been running together for a while, so of course I said "yes."

We left at 5:30 a.m. this morning as I have to be home by 6:30 or so in order to get my shower in and start work by 7:00 a.m. The sun was just coming up and it was not too hot (but it wasn't really cool, either). It was fun to run in the morning for a change. We had some nice conversation along the way, and the run was over much too quickly. There was not much wildlife out and about; I expected to see a lot this early in the morning. It was a fun run and we decided to do more of these morning runs. I'm sure I'll be tired this afternoon, though. I used to run almost exclusively in the mornings, so I'll get used to this again quickly (I hope).

We ended up with 5.55 miles.

No comments: