Thursday, August 28, 2008

4:15 a.m. run

I had to make an early, early morning run today. Now that the kids are back in school, if I don't make it early, I'll miss my spot for taking a shower, and that certainly would not be good! I'm glad I signed up for a race to keep myself motivated.

So, I started out early this morning, while most of the town was still asleep. It was a nice, cool morning. I thought I felt a few sprinkles along the way, but it was hard to tell if it was rain or just humidity in the air.

I did pretty much the usual route - through town, around the Lowe's parking lot, the Mall parking lot, back through town. But, I didn't go all the way to the Baptist church. I got across the bridge and then realized just how dark it was, even with my hat with the lights in it -- once past the bridge there were no street lights. And, it was too early for the sun to come up. So, I turned around and finished with the Riverside loop and the sprint up the hill by my house.

I ended up with 6.52 miles. And now I feel ready to take on the challenges of the day. It will be a long day, ending with a soccer game tonight.

Keep on running ...

No comments: