Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Watching the sun come up over a sleepy little town ...

It was another great morning for a run. I almost didn't get up, then I figured I'd better, since I missed yesterday. I'm glad I kicked myself out of bed. It was cool, but still quite humid. I ran to the Lowe's parking lot and back through town, out to the Baptist Church and finished with the Riverside Loop.

It was dark when I started out, but the sun was coming up. The traffic was already starting to pick up when I started off. I do have one "pet peeve" -- why don't drivers respect the marked crosswalks? I will have the "walk" signal, but have to either swing way out into the road or cut between cars to cross, and neither is a safe thing to do, especially when it is not completely light outside! Drivers need to realize the marked crosswalk is there for a reason. This morning it seemed like this happened to me at every street I crossed. And these weren't even cars that were inching up to see to turn right on red. Oh well. That's just another thing to deal with on the run. That's why I prefer to run more in the countryside, but I don't do that when it's not light outside.

Riverside Park was beautiful this morning with the heavy mist rising as I ran by. If I'd had more time, I would have run through the park itself to get the feeling of running through the clouds -- the mist was that thick.

I ended up with 6.68 miles. I will try to get up tomorrow morning for another run, but it may be a long night at work tonight ...

No comments: