Thursday, August 14, 2008

Another Dark Morning Run

I started shortly after 5:00 a.m. today, so it was still dark outside. It was a nice, cool morning. I did the usual run through town, and around the Lowe's parking lot. I decided to cross the street and run around the Wal Mart/Mall parking lot. Then it was back through town, Jefferson to the Baptist Church, then the Riverside loop, and one and one-half of the hill loop by my house (I was trying to hit 7 miles). I ended up with 7.12 miles.

Since it was difficult on Tuesday to see the sidewalk at times, today I wore a hat that has some little lights on it. I didn't turn it on until I was on Jefferson. It did help me see the sidewalk, so I felt better about not tripping on something!

For the first time I felt a little uncomfortable running by myself. As I was running up past the college, someone hollered and whistled at me. I chose to ignore it, but I was a little nervous when I came back by the college. I didn't see nor hear anyone at that time, however. It is reassuring that I usually see a city police cruiser parked somewhere along my running route. Usually it is by the stores across from the mall. Today I saw it on Jefferson by the florist.

That's it for now. I hope to get a run in tomorrow morning.

No comments: