Saturday, August 9, 2008

Up, up and away ...




I didn't see any wildlife on my run this morning. However, I did see a site I've never seen before while running -- a bunch of hot air balloons taking off! By the time they finished, there were 6 or 7 in the sky. I saw them go up one by one. I tried to take some pictures with my cell phone, but they didn't turn out very well. As I got further out in the country I saw a couple stopped by the side of the road in a pickup with a trailer behind them. They told me the balloons were doing some sort of target competition.

It was a beautiful morning for a run. It was around 60 degrees when I started out. I went the back loop past the high school, and even past Watson Road. I came back the Ginter Road loop, and as always finished with the Riverside loop and the sprint up the hill. I ended up with 8.3 miles. I'm trying to gradually increase my weekend runs, and get at least one long run in. I don't know how long before I am back to those 12 mile runs on the weekends. The problem is that the weather will change all too soon. I am not looking forward to when I have to go back on the treadmill. I can handle shorter runs on that, but not a long run. I've got some cold weather running gear, and I may have to get more for those weekend runs.

I have figured out that I really need to run every day; otherwise my mood deteriates. I didn't run on Friday this week, and felt blah all day. So, unless there is some compelling reason, I will try even harder to get up every morning to run. The children start school soon, so the afternoons/evenings quickly fill with activities. I find that if I don't make time for a run first thing in the morning, it often does not happen!

That's all for now.

No comments: