Thursday, August 7, 2008

Sunrise on the River

I went for a run this morning after working most of the night. I went the usual morning route -- out to Lowe's, around the parking lot, back through town, out to the Baptist Church, Riverside loop - I always finish with the Riverside loop and end with a sprint up the hill by my house.

As I ran across one of the bridges, the sun was starting to come up. What a beautiful site -- the sunrise reflecting on the river. I should have taken a picture with my cell, but I had a good pace going and didn't want to stop. But, I'll carry the picture in my head today. So, when things get stressful or I start feeling a little depressed, I'll try to remember that site.

Anyway, I ended up with 6.78 miles. I think I'm getting faster -- I run about the same amount of time, but I keep having to add an extra block or extra loop (today it was an extra loop around the Lowe's parking lot) to get that time in.

I'm not sure if I will get up to run tomorrow -- with little sleep last night and no time for a nap today, I may need to just sleep in!

Gotta keep on running ...

No comments: