Saturday, August 30, 2008

Another good long run

I wanted to get one more good long run in before the 1/2 marathon next week, just to make sure I'm up to it. It was a beautiful morning for a run -- cool, not too humid. I started out shortly after 6:00 a.m., so it was still dark. I started with the usual morning route - through town, Lowe's parking lot, the Mall parking lot, and then back through town. I went out Jefferson, but this time I kept on going past the Baptist Church. Instead of going all the way to Watson Road, I decided take a left and go down Carter road, past the new elementary school. I ran all the way to 15 (at least I think that's the road), and then back, finishing with the Ginter Road loop (Carter technically becomes Ginter once you cross Jefferson - right is Ginter, left is Carter), the Riverside loop, and, of course, the sprint up the hill by my house.

I got to see the sun come up over the river again. That is always a beautiful sight. I saw several people out walking, and even a few runners. As I was crossing the bridge on Jefferson on my way back to Riverside, I looked down towards the river and saw a deer in the field with her two fawns, grazing on the grass. The only other wildlife I saw was a rabbit here or there.

It was a nice run, and I feel pretty good. Barring any injuries or me doing something stupid like tripping this week, I believe I'll be ready for the 1/2 Marathon on September 7th. I ended up with 11.09 miles this morning.

Gotta run ...

No comments: