Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sunday Morning

It was about 70 degrees when I started my run today. About a block into the run, a gentle rain started to fall. I was hoping for more but, alas, it stopped after about 2 minutes.

I wanted to do a medium run today. I ran the front loop to the high school, a little past Ginter road, then did the usual Ginter Road loop, Riverside loop, and the sprint up the hill by my house. Along the way I saw several people on bicycles, two runners, and two or three walkers. It was a nice morning for a run.

As I was at the furthest point away from home in my run, my legs started to bother me. It was how I expected to feel yesterday, the day after the long run. Apparently there is a day delay! Anyway, I was able to keep running with just a few walk breaks. When I "got into the groove", I glanced down at my Garmin and noticed my pace is faster than last week. I think for the next two weeks I'm going to try to wear the heart rate monitor and see how my heart rate is doing.

I ended up with 6.53 miles. We are off to Oxford to visit Earl for his 18th birthday, so my legs will probably stiffen up on the drive.

No comments: