Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Evening Run

I really didn't feel like running this evening. But, I didn't run Monday morning because I was too tired from our Sunday trip to visit Earl at Miami University, and I didn't run this morning because I had a migraine. I didn't plan to run tomorrow morning because it is the first day of school for Chris and Kate. Since I am signed up to run a 1/2 marathon in less than two weeks, I knew I absolutely HAD to get a run in somewhere.

I dropped Chris and Kate off at the High School to get on the bus to the soccer game, then came home and got ready to run. I almost didn't go, then I talked myself into it. I just got started when Curt called, so I almost turned around. But I reminded myself of the race coming up. About a mile into it Earl called for some laundry tutoring, but by that point I figured I couldn't turn around.

I'm glad I kept on with the run. After a few miles I started feeling better physically and emotionally. I may have actually run off the remains of today's migraine; only time will tell on that one! I ran the back way to the high school, out to Watson Road, back to the Ginter Road loop, the Riverside loop, and TWO sprints up the hill by my house. I ended up with 8.11 miles -- not bad for a run I didn't want to do! Of course, now I'm tired, and I have to stay awake to pick up Chris and Kate when they get home from the soccer game. I guess if I don't show up they'll call me!

Keep on running ...

No comments: